CTS Continuing Education Classes
CTS certifications are awarded for a period of three years. To maintain your certification, you must complete minimum levels of continuing education during each three-year period and must reaffirm your commitment to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct. Draper, in conjunction with ICIA, has developed the following classes to help you earn renewal credits.
Projection Science Made Simple
Course Objective: To provide a clear understanding of the various factors that must be considered in selecting or specifying a projection screen for a specific project.
- Understanding the types of screens available for various needs
- Viewing categories that conform to standardized ANSI/INFOCOMM 3M-2011
- What is the appropriate size of screen for a given install
- Which screen format is best for a given project.
- Screen tint and how it helps in certain lighting conditions
- Understanding the reflectivity of different screen surface types
- When rear projection is a good choice and rear surface options
- Screen gain and why is it important
- Matching screen half gain angle to room/audience shape
- Projector throw distance and its impact on hot spotting
- Understanding the importance of lighting in projection spaces
- The importance of contrast in image quality
Length: One Hour
Credits: One RU/CTS Learning Unit
REGISTER (for inhouse presentation)